- Associate Director, Decision Maker & Influencer Qualitative Research Recruiting
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE OPPORTUNITY & ROLE
Storyline is known for being innovative and transformative. That is particularly true when it comes to our in-house qualitative research recruiting. Our approach is highly differentiated and consistently touted by clients as being the best. You will help craft and implement the strategy that sets the industry standard for highly bespoke and nuanced qualitative research recruiting.
As the Associate Director of Decision Maker and Influencer Qualitative Research Recruiting, you will play a key role on the recruiting team, responsible for managing all aspects of the development, growth, and engagement of our panel of global business and policy decision makers and influencers. You will then use that panel to execute research projects for both domestic and global qualitative client projects.
You’ll be adept at not only placing the right people in a room, but also have proven experience building relationships with one of the most coveted and evolving audiences: business and policy influencers. This group comprises a sophisticated set of subaudiences – business leaders, journalists, influencers, content creators, activists, community leaders, academics, and policy experts – all of which you will be empowered to identify and grow.
You’ll report to the SVP, Recruiting, Research & Analytics. Your team is at the heart of our qualitative research and recruiting practice, making sure that every research participant has a compelling story to tell and that every group runs flawlessly.
The breadth and depth of our client base requires strategic thinking and flexibility to adapt to a range of client needs and industries. We are looking for someone who can deliver on the details amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ability to support and advance multiple global projects simultaneously is critical, and a passion for finding the most qualified participants is a must.
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in reaching out to decision makers, policy and business influencers, and project management, with the skills and attitude that guarantees we are always exceeding client expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Translate client project objectives into a participant recruitment strategy. You understand that decision makers and policy and business influencers are different for every client and know how to dig deeper to truly understand their business needs and then turn that into a recruitment strategy. This includes designing a recruiting screener that speaks directly to client needs and criteria; working with our in-house database manager, our partner network, and getting creative on participant outreach for this tough to reach audience. You’ll tailor outreach and recruitment strategies to each client and project; generating budgets and timelines for proposals; and being the client facing expert who can walk them through the design.
- Decision Maker & Business and Policy Influencer Panel Growth. Continually look for ways to expand our database of decision makers, and policy and business influencers in areas such as business leaders, community leaders, academics, journalism and publishing, and government and politics.
- Recruiting Screener Development. Take the lead in developing the recruiting screener, including crafting the participant mix and ensuring screening questions meet client and Storyline criteria and standards. Understand how to program and launch screeners and serve as a backup to our programming team as needed.
- In House Recruitment. Use multiple strategies to identify participants that meet the project and client criteria, ensure a high-quality set of participants and proper mix in every group, perform secondary screening interviews, and then prepare participants for focus groups and in-depth interviews (IDIs). Review participant profiles for each group or IDI with our internal team, providing a clear explanation for why participants were selected and how the mix meets the client criteria.
- Participant Management. Serve as the lead contact and resource between participants and the project team, ensuring participants show and participate as scheduled. Manage any challenges or issues that arise with participant logistics during focus groups or IDIs. Manage all participant communication prior to the research sessions and any necessary follow-ups after the sessions conclude. Track and process participant payments post-session.
- Project Management & Logistics. Alongside our project management team, you’ll be responsible for managing multiple domestic and global qualitative recruiting projects, timelines, and budgets to meet both internal expectations and client needs. You’ll be responsible for managing all the logistics of making focus groups happen either in an online environment (i.e. via video platforms) or in-person at a facility. Online this means working with our tech team to ensure all back-end logistics needs are met; for in-person research you will coordinate with facilities ensuring all internal project team members and clients needs are met in order to provide a friction free experience for the on the ground team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- B.A. and/or M.A. in a field with strong research, business, or psychology emphasis
- Experience in building/expanding a network of influencers and decisions makers; in-depth understanding of how to manage this high end audience for projects
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours to monitor focus groups, in-depth interviews, and screen respondents in different time zones
- Experience collaborating with team members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-services environment
- Interest in managing domestic and global qualitative research projects end to end
- Client management and passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Acute attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing international projects is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills including oral and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Google Apps / G Suite
- Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. Storyline Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO
- Remote / WFH