- Director of Narrative
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
THE OPPORTUNITY & ROLE
As a Director of Narrative, you will join a group of skilled storytellers, insightful language experts, and data-minded wordsmiths. You will be responsible for creating client narratives by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data for deliverables focused on message development and communications. Your team will act as the champions and guardians of Storyline’s philosophy of storytelling and standards of excellence — the heart of everything we do.
You’ll report to the Head of Narrative and collaborate with Team Leads to ensure we meet clients’ narrative and strategic needs in an integrated, holistic manner, and that research and reporting aligns to established objectives.
The breadth and depth of our client base requires strategic thinking and flexibility to adapt to a range of client needs, industries, and product and issue areas. We are looking for someone who can deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ability to support and advance multiple projects simultaneously is critical, and passion for language and innovative, compelling storytelling is a must.
We’re looking for a proficient communicator and research-driven storyteller with at least 5 years of primary experience in market research and/or messaging and communications consulting, with the skills and creativity to translate rigorous research into compelling stories that drive meaningful impact.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain a thorough, nuanced, and actionable understanding of client needs and objectives, and guide content and deliverables towards them
- Analyze research and contextual information across various sources, audiences, and methodologies with an unbiased perspective and a bias for solutions
- Develop informed, actionable narratives that deliver a credible, persuasive point of view
- Take ownership over key project deliverables, managing the content team and taking ultimate responsibility for delivery of the output to the client
- Collaborate with Storyline’s Qualitative Insights and Research & Analytics teams to develop research inputs (e.g. moderator guides and survey instruments) and analyze data outputs in service of client objectives
- Storyboard and develop presentation decks; work with client teams to customize them to their objectives and stakeholders
- Collaborate with our Creative Media & Design and Product & Innovation teams to conceptualize and shape elevated, engaging reports, memos, and other deliverables
- Work closely with the Head of Narrative to grow the professional competencies of the Narrative Team, and develop more junior team members
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years primary experience in market research and / or messaging communications (such as strategic communications or public relations)
- Keen analytical abilities with a proven ability to examine and organize detailed insights while storyboarding broader findings and themes
- A proven track record of being highly organized, with excellent time management skills; capable of managing across multiple projects at once
- Familiarity and facility with qualitative and quantitative research tools, and practical knowledge of how they are applied to inform organizations’ strategic communications objectives
- Proven experience building complete communications and messaging strategies that deliver results across a range of mediums and channels
- Exceptional visual, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated presence and authority in communicating complex ideas to people at all organizational levels
- Exemplary copywriting and editing skills, including writing, revising, and editing across a range of communication types and topics from creative and brand campaigns to complex policy-oriented messaging and narratives
- A global mindset and approach to work. Working with companies who have stakeholders and consumers around the world requires the ability to conduct research and deliver insights outside of traditional work hours
- B.A. and / or M.A. in a field with a strong communications, marketing, or creative media emphasis
- Experience in journalism and / or a senior editorial role not essential, but highly desired
- Previous client consulting experience with campaign development, customer experience mapping, change management, stakeholder facilitation, strategy development, or account/project management is a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We offer a competitive benefits package. Storyline Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
- Full-Time Remote