Elite strategic communications agency seeking a talented, energetic, and quick-witted Research Associate to join our tight-knit team.
At the intersection of communications and marketing, stands Storyline Strategies — a nimble agency that crafts compelling storylines using the precise lens of public opinion research. We have a proven track record, with global powerhouse clients that include, but aren’t limited to, Fortune 500 companies and Fortune 50 multinationals, technology pioneers, social policy thought-leaders, influential DC associations and emerging change-makers.
And we’re only getting started.
The Research Associate we seek will be an integral contributor to our growing enterprise. Candidates should have a deep appreciation for the written word, love all things data, and a headstrong curiosity. They will be asked to dive into a fast-paced environment in which no two days are the same. Candidates should have a keen eye for detail, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to balance competing priorities, moving quickly among differing tasks.
Namely, as a Research Associate with Storyline Strategies, you’ll:
- Work alongside the Senior Research Associate, as well as collaborate with the junior and senior staff to collect and analyze research data from qualitative and quantitative sources, prioritizing various work streams;
- Research and contribute to client deliverables; everything from proofing surveys to editing memos;
- Be embedded in our DC office so you have the opportunity to collaborate closely with senior staff;
- Pickup, analyze, edit, proof, and hand off data sets, drafts, and deliverables on quick turnarounds;
- Work thoughtfully, thoroughly, and time-sensitively on all projects. Please note, these will include topics you follow in the news and issues you care about personally. (This is not a job for the disengaged.)
That’s why in seeking an ideal candidate, we believe applicants should:
- Have top-notch written and oral communications skills, coupled with a willingness to master the Storyline Strategies style and research methodologies, comfort in Excel and strong analytical skills, high adaptability and an extreme eye for detail.
- Be motivated, but not competitive. Our agency’s success is due to our team’s close collaboration – and consistent editing of each other’s work.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with 1+ year of experience in a marketing or insights-related role working closely with quantitative and qualitative data in a relevant and/or complementary field.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume, a brief cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com.
As we move in a new direction, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing with us.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. Storyline Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO