At the intersection of communications and marketing, stands Storyline Strategies — a nimble agency that crafts compelling storylines using the precise lens of public opinion research. We have a proven track record, with global powerhouse clients that include, but aren’t limited to, Fortune 500 companies and Fortune 50 multinationals, technology pioneers, social policy thought-leaders, influential associations and emerging change-makers.
And we’re only getting started.
The Senior Project Director we seek will be an integral contributor to our growing enterprise. Candidates should have a deep appreciation for the written word, a creative affinity, and a headstrong curiosity. They will be asked to dive into a fast-paced environment in which no two days are the same. In the morning, you may be working on storyboards for a global product launch; after lunch, crafting a speech for a household name you’ll see on the evening news.
Namely, as a Senior Project Director with Storyline Strategies, you’ll:
- Strategize, innovate, inspire and lead colleagues and clients alike in the arena where raw research and refined insights intersect;
- Think critically about, collaborate on, and craft yourself messaging, strategy, and written statements for people and products in fields as far ranging as technology, healthcare, financial services, politics, and more;
- Be embedded in our SF office so you have the opportunity to sit regularly and collaborate closely with senior and junior staff, high-profile clients, and industry innovators;
- Travel the country and, indeed, the globe to gain first-hand perspectives on the people our clients are trying to reach, the opinions they’re looking to shape, and the obstacles they’re attempting to overcome; and
- Work thoughtfully, thoroughly, and time-sensitively on all projects. Please note, these will include topics you follow in the news and issues you care about personally. (This is not a job for the disengaged.)
That’s why in seeking an ideal candidate, we believe applicants should:
- Have top-notch written and oral communications skills, coupled with a willingness to master the Storyline Strategies style and research methodologies. (Passion and aptitude for clear, creative, persuasive writing are a must.)
- Possess keen research instincts and expertise, coupled with the ability to synthesize disparate pieces of information into cohesive, action-oriented deliverables.
- Be motivated, but not competitive. Our agency’s success is due to our team’s close collaboration and consistent editing – and improvement – of each other’s work.
- Be able to effectively prioritize and efficiently balance multiple projects, travel schedules, and client needs to meet deadlines with a quality finished product.
- Assume a leadership position on team of writers, media creatives, qualitative researchers, quantitative analysts… and manage these multiple workloads to present finished deliverables to senior partners and clients. Ownership and accountability are essential.
- Be creative, engaging, passionate, poised… and hungry. Applicants must have a voracious appetite for critical thinking, impactful writing, and real-world problem-solving.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years work experience managing complex client projects, preferably in a client-facing role in a relevant environment and/or complementary field.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume, a brief cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com.
As we move in a new direction, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing with us.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. Storyline Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO